Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Sailing

We sailed on Sunday over towards Toronto Island. Conditions were beautiful on the water with lots of sun and wind. Wind was a steady 15 kts, and we got Victura going close to 8 kts on a beam reach. Everything was terrific, until I realized that somewhere a few miles offshore my wallet managed to slip out of my pocket and fall into the lake. Weighed down by a bunch of credit cards, I'm sure it's now resting in 100 feet of water at the bottom on Lake Ontario. Boy what a hassle; now I have to replace everything ... and I'm out a few bucks too. I guess it could have been worse. At least I didn't have my Social Insurance Card, Birth Certificate or Passport with me or I would be in big trouble. I cancelled all my credit cards Sunday night, and I'll try to replace my Drivers License, Health Card and Bank Card Monday morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home