Monday, May 10, 2010

Not a great weekend to launch - May 7 2010

Well .. an intersting weekend to launch this year. Friday was supposed to have been the day I was going to build my mast. When I arrived at the club Friday morning it was a very nice, pleasant day; not a hint of what was coming later. With high winds and rain in the forecast, I checked with the harbourmaster and was able to get my appointment at 8am on Saturday for launch moved up to 4pm Friday. By about mid-day, Friday it raining. My friend Stuart was there and I recruited my slip partner Paul from MTDaze to help get Victura into her slip. Other than a strong cold wind and the rain everything went well. I missed my first attempt to get into my slip. With the driving rain and wind blowing I couldn't quite get into my slip, so back out and try again. Saturday was an awful day with a wind warning in effect and wind gusts well into the 40's. Sunday my mast booking was for 12:20pm. The winds were again blowing, not quite as bad as Saturday, but still gusting well into the teens maybe 20kts. Everthing went well with the mast step and we made it back to our slip safely. Work then began in earnest to get the boat rigged. I hoped to get the sails on Monday, but it was another windy day.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home